Exxon - Your Songs
Poppsykosen Antologi VII
Remix & Remaster
Psyko Records 2008 - PCDRR005
|1. Pretty Woman (2:48) (Roy Orbison)||Lyrics||Chords|
|2. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (5:02) (George Harrison)||Lyrics||Chords|
|3. Angel (4:57) (Jimi Hendrix)||Lyrics||Chords|
|4. Your Song (4:22) (Elton John - Bernie Taupin)||Lyrics||Chords|
|5. Got To Get You Into My Life (3:19) (Lennon - McCartney)||Lyrics||Chords|
|6. My Way (4:27) (J. Reveaux - C. Francois)||Lyrics||Chords|
|7. I Wanna Love You (4:27) (Delbert McClinton)||Lyrics||Chords|
|8. A Whiter Shade Of Pale (6:39) (Gary Brooker - Keith Ried)||Lyrics||Chords|
|9. Sylvia ( 3:02) (Thijs van Leer)||Instrumental||Chords|
|10. Cold Turkey (4:48) (John Lennon)||Lyrics||N/A|
|11. House of the King (2:24) (Jan Akkerman) (bonus)||Instrumental||Chords|
|12. Take On Me (3:53) (Pål Waaktaar/Mags/Morten Harket) (bonus)||Lyrics||Chords|
|13. Lotus (5:33) (Soen) (bonus)||Lyrics||Chords|
Leif Eriksen - Piano (4)
Orla Hylleberg Eriksen - Guitars, Backing vocal (8, 9), Lead Vocals (12, 13), PC sequencer programmings and Mix
Recorded 1993 (2),
94/98 (1, 3), 94 (3) , 98 (5-10) and 2008 (11, 12). Vocals on 12 recorded in
2010. 13. recorded in 2019.
|2019 - Anders
suggested Lotus by Soen - so I recorded it.
For this R&R edition af "Your Songs" I've added two bonus tracks.
11. House of the King. I believe this was one of the first songs I've ever learned to play
12. Take On Me. This song was one of the last cover-songs we took up in Poppsykosen.
1. After I've heard Van Halen's version of this song, I wanted to do it. This recording is based on a track made back in 1994, which I liked so much that I put it in Cubase as a stereo audio track and Jørgen added vocals to it in 1998.
2. Once it was considered blasphemia to play Beatles songs, because it could not be done better than the "Fab Four". This version has a J. M. Jarreish intro and outro.
3. Jimi Hendrix was the man, who made me play electric guitar, however I will never be able to play the way he did, so I had to make this a completely different version.
4. This song was originally Leif's idea. He recorded the piano for the verses on midi one night in our rehearsal room in 1994. Later I worked out and arranged the whole song, and in 1998 Jørgen added vocals to it.
5. Basically Jørgen's idea, since he almost after every song we played, when rehearsing, started this song. Naturally we had to do it.
6. The first cover song we played. This version is much slower than the one I did myself on the "Memory Lane" CD.
7. In the middle of the 90's Jørgen got into the "New country wave", which Delbert McClinton was a part of. This song is more Blues than Country.
8. When I first heard this song back in 1967, I loved it immediately, but never thought I would be playing it one day. When we were in need of material for this CD, Jørgen suggested it. It is based on a midi-version found on the internet some years earlier, which I worked on. We also added one more verse, which Procol Harum apparently used when they were playing it live.
9. This is my idea. Focus was one one of my favorite bands way back then. I found the score on the library and made a midi-version of it and added guitar and a bit voice to it.
10. Occasionally we jammed to the basic riff of this song. The lyrics was easy to find on the internet, but no midi-version was available, so I had to use an old recording I had on a tape of a live-jam concert with the "Plastic One Band" as basic for my midi rendition.